Service Level Agreement
|Owner/s:||Michal Oglodek, CTO|
|Approved by:||Mark McNasby, CEO|
|Issued:||2-02-16||Reviewed & Revised:||5-28-21|
About our Services
ivy.ai reinvents how administrators in higher education, healthcare, and governments communicate by providing a software as a service (SaaS) omni-channel communications platform and an AI (artificially intelligent) powered chatbot. ivy.ai services help users with their most pressing questions, anytime, anywhere, and on any device. ivy.ai enhances services in universities, colleges, schools, and departments ranging from admissions, financial aid, enrollment management, career services, technical support and others, as well as healthcare providers and state and local governments.
ivy.ai is committed to providing our customers with world-class service and support. The following ivy.ai Service Level Agreement (SLA) describes the ivy.ai approach to customer service, support, and success.
All ivy.ai services are continuously monitored and technical support services are available via the ivy.ai Help Center 24/7/365. The ivy.ai support team responds to tickets submitted in the Help Center during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST), excluding federal holidays (USA). Our staff at ivy.ai HQ is also available via telephone (805-864-2670) during our normal business hours: 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST, not including Saturday, Sunday, or holidays (USA).
In the unlikely event of an emergency escalation, the ivy.ai customer success team and help desk can be contacted anytime via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Support email is monitored for service escalations, 24/7/365, and ticketing for all issues is monitored during business hours via the Help Center built into the ivy.ai admin console.
2.1 Service Level Agreement
This Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) forms part of the software as a service agreement between ivy.ai and our customers (“Agreement”). ivy.ai encourages customers to review the ivy.ai SLA periodically to stay informed of any changes or updates.
This SLA describes the levels of service availability and support that customers can expect to receive from ivy.ai for the duration of paid-service orders and agreements.
The following terms in this SLA shall have the meanings specified below. Any terms not defined herein shall have the meaning attributed to them in paid-service orders and agreements. In this SLA the singular includes the plural and vice versa; the words “month”, “year”, and “quarter” mean a calendar month, calendar year, and calendar quarter, unless otherwise stated; and the word “including” (or any analogous word or phrase) means “including without limitation”.
Business Day: 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST), not including Saturday, Sunday, or public holidays in the United States of America.
Degraded Performance – A lower quality of service as described in this SLA (e.g. temporarily broken, sporadic, or temporarily unavailable functionality).
Downtime: The period of time during which ivy.ai services are wholly unavailable to customers, including maintenance occurring outside of maintenance windows for which less than 24 hours’ notice was provided to affected ivy.ai customers. However, downtime shall not include:
- Scheduled Maintenance;
- Degraded Performance;
- Factors outside of ivy.ai’s control, including any Force Majeure Events;
- Failures, acts or omissions of ivy.ai’s upstream providers;
- Failures of the internet;
- Acts or omissions of Customer and its Users; and
- Enforcement of Regulations.
Help Center / Knowledge Base: The ivy.ai Help Center is a service and support tool, and knowledge base that provides answers to frequently asked questions about the ivy.ai platform. Customers can submit tickets, view ticket status, and communicate with support staff directly in the Help Center. In addition, ivy.ai’s knowledge base includes video tutorials, articles, tips / best practices guides, workflows, user manuals, and other helpful information. The Help Center is continuously available (unless under maintenance) for customers and is embedded inside the ivy.ai administrative portal.
Maintenance Windows: Monday through Friday, 4:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. MST and 12:00 a.m. (midnight) to 12:00 p.m. (noon) Sunday mornings.
Response Time: A measurement of time elapsed between receiving a service alert and the time of commencing resolution work on the issue.
Scheduled Maintenance: Planned outages, either suspending service in full or in part, which ivy.ai will endeavor to announce at least 5 days in advance and in any case will announce no later than 24 hours in advance, which will not exceed a reasonable period of time for the maintenance required and which, where possible, shall take place during maintenance windows.
SLA Effective Date: The project start date stated in paid-service orders and agreements or applicable statement of work, and the date this SLA becomes effective.
Time to Resolution: The period of time that elapses from the response time until the alert is resolved.
Ticket: An electronic request sent to ivy.ai by customers (e.g. requesting a bug fix or solution to an incident).
Uptime: As calculated in accordance with this SLA.
3.1 SLA Effective Date and Term
This SLA will be effective from the project start date written into a signed service order agreement and will terminate without further notice and without the right to compensation or restitution upon the expiry or termination of the paid-service orders and agreements.
3.2 Availability / Service Commitment
ivy.ai guarantees 99.9% uptime each month 24 hours a day 7 days a week (“Agreed Hours of Service”). All ivy.ai services are monitored 24/7/365 to ensure optimal availability. Uptime is measured based on the monthly average of availability, rounded down to the nearest minute, and calculated as follows:
Uptime % =
Agreed Hours of Service – hours of Downtime
Agreed Hours of Service
4.0 Customer Support
ivy.ai knows that providing the best possible support to our customers is critical to making our customers successful. The information below describes our support processes and resources.
4.1 Contact Information
- Help Center: Built-in to the ivy.ai Administrative Portal
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone Number: (805)864-2670
- Website: https://ivy.ai
4.2 Service Scope
This SLA applies only to ivy.ai products and services described in paid-service orders and agreements or applicable statements of work. This SLA does not apply to any software, equipment, services, or other parts of an information technology system that are not purchased from or managed by ivy.ai.
ivy.ai will rectify material issues with ivy.ai products and services, except where:
- The issue has been caused by customer’s use of ivy.ai products or services in a manner that is contrary to ivy.ai training, knowledge base, or any other instruction issued by ivy.ai;
- The customer has made unauthorized changes to the configuration or set-up of the affected product or services;
- The customer has prevented ivy.ai from performing maintenance on products or services;
- The issue has been caused by third party products or external factors; or
- The issue has been caused by user(s), including by modifying part/s of the software or by adding, deleting, or assigning improper rights to users.
5.0 Service Management
Effective support of in-scope services is a result of maintaining consistent service levels. The information below describes ivy.ai’s resources and approach to service management.
5.1 ivy.ai’s Storage and Infrastructure
ivy.ai uses the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to provide products and services via cloud-based application and storage hosting service. GCP offers the possibility to store a virtually unlimited amount of data with guaranteed data durability of 99.5% per regional zone.
ivy.ai customers benefit from hosting resilience and persistence from ivy.ai hosting configurations that use multiple GCP regional zones, with a guaranteed uptime of 99.99%. Any specific changes or standards to hosting configurations outside of the default ivy.ai configuration must be specified in advance by customers and included in the applicable paid-service orders and agreements.
5.2 Problem Management
The ivy.ai customer success team regularly analyzes all help desk tickets in order to identify trends. Tickets in high frequency are appropriately escalated following a formal problem management process and assigned to the corresponding severity/impact classification and resolution priorities. Based on these findings, support updates the knowledge base with information explaining the solution to “known errors”.
In order to respond to FAQs and help ivy.ai customers to resolve common problems without needing direct assistance from the ivy.ai customer success team, ivy.ai maintains the knowledge base on the ivy.ai website (firstname.lastname@example.org). The ivy.ai customer success team has defined four general types of FAQs:
- Technical issuesare related to a particular incident, bug, or any other type of non-functioning of ivy.ai products and services. Example: “A bot intent isn’t properly displaying in the chat window.”
- User questions arise from instances when the system fails to be self-explanatory. ivy.ai invests considerable resources to prevent these questions and reduce the need for inconvenient useability to an absolute minimum. Example: “How do I debug an issue with a bot intent?”
- Requests are requests to change ivy.ai products and services, features, or settings. Example: “Can you please set up a custom data report?”
- Bot data/content questions are related to the contents of ivy.ai customer data itself. Customers are the creators and controllers of institutional and business data and are responsible for providing user support for these questions. Example: “The information regarding operating hours for the career services department has been changed.”
ivy.ai provides products and services in accordance with all applicable information security and data protection standards. Policies including information on privacy, information security, and business continuity/disaster recovery are available upon request.
The ivy.ai team secures backups of all data and code in the following manner:
- Incremental backups of all uploaded media on multiple back-up servers (daily).
- Full backups of the database (hourly, retention of 7 days).
- Backups of the file database (monthly, on separate GCP servers).
- In the (unlikely) event of damage or outage at ivy.ai’s GCP regional zones, ivy.ai will restore customer’s data from the most recent backup. This will be treated as a Priority 1 incident.
5.5 Release Policy
ivy.ai releases the products and services via an agile-continuous integration and continuous delivery approach. This means that whenever a new feature or release of ivy.ai is ready, it can be deployed to the production clusters at any moment. The main application is typically released once a day. All perimeter applications are deployed to production continuously when a build is succeeded on the continuous integration servers. Urgent bug fixes that impact availability and critical features are applied immediately on production servers in accordance with the resolution time schedule.
5.6 Software Improvements
ivy.ai will make available to customers new versions, releases, and updates to ivy.ai products and services to resolve defects and/or errors, keep the products and services up to date with industry-standard developments, or otherwise improve (the operation or functionality of) ivy.ai systems. These improvements may include bug fixes. ivy.ai will only support the most recent version of ivy.ai products and services and only will support compatibility with current releases of web-browsers, operating systems, and other third-party platforms needed to access ivy.ai products, services, and systems.
New versions, releases, or updates will contain at least the level of functionality as set out in this SLA and as contained in the version or release of ivy.ai products and services previously used by customers, and will not otherwise negatively impact customers’ use of ivy.ai products and services. ivy.ai shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that when performing such actions, the impact on customers and its user(s) is limited.
6.0 Customer Support Availability
All services are continuously monitored and technical support services are available via the ivy.ai Help Center 24/7/365. The ivy.ai Support Team responds to tickets submitted in the Help Center during regular business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST, excluding holidays (USA).
In-person support is offered via telephone (1-805-864-2670) during applicable office hours: Monday throguh Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MST, excluding holidays (USA). The ivy.ai Support Team will respond to any voice messages during these business hours.
Additional on-demand support is provided via the ivy.ai customer knowledge base and through the ivy.ai Institute.
7.0 Service Requests
ivy.ai provides ongoing support to customers using approved service & support channels and knowledge base resources. In support of services outlined in the Agreement, the Service Provider will respond to service-related incidents and/or requests submitted by the Customer within the following time-frames:
7.1 Targeted Response and Resolution Time-frames
- In the event of an alert where ivy.ai is deemed to have responded when it has replied to the customer’s initial request. This may be in the form of an email or telephone call, to acknowledge receipt of a customer’s request, provide a solution, or request further information.
- ivy.ai will make commercially reasonable efforts to resolve issues within the targeted response and resolution time-frames. The response time and resolution time may depend on the priority of the item(s) affected and the severity of the alert as set out in the schedule below.
7.2 ivy.ai Alert Types and Priority Levels
Alert Type Issue severity Response Time Resolution Time Escalation Alert Highly critical alert. ivy.ai’s products or services are not available for use or a significant proportion of the contracted functionalities are not available. Within 1 hour Within 4 hours, inclusive of the Escalation Alert Response Time. High Alert Critical alert. One or more elements of ivy.ai’s products or services critical to the functioning of customer’s business have ceased to respond completely or respond extremely slowly. Within 24 hours Within 24 hours, exclusive of the High Alert Response Time. Medium Alert Non-critical alert. One or more elements of ivy.ai’s products or services have ceased to respond completely or respond slowly, and a workaround is available. Within 48 hours Within 48 hours, exclusive of the Medium Alert Response Time. Low Alert Notification of minor issues that does not prohibit customers from utilizing ivy.ai’s products or services in any material way. Within 48 hours Best effort.
7.3 Service Tiers
ivy.ai structures IT support around five service tiers following industry best practices established by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library or “ITIL”. The ivy.ai customer success and development teams find the ITIL service tier methodology is useful to meet our service tier objectives for our customers which are;
- Strategically and consistently address the needs of our customers.
- Providing clear communications and excellent user experiences.
- Quickly addressing and assigning resources to resolve service issues.
- Establishing a timeline and protocol for fully resolving all service issues.
- Supporting continuous improvement initiatives based on ivy.ai’s key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Gathering robust feedback to enhance our products and services to exceed customer expectations.
7.4 ivy.ai Customer Success Service Tiers
Service Tier Service Name Examples of Services / Feature Descriptions Related SLA Priority Levels Tier 1 Basic ivy.ai Platform Navigation and Troubleshooting, Self Service, #CampusClear
- Knowledge Base Articles
- DIY Chatbots
- Navigating Reports
- Understanding Dashboards
- Bot Installation
- Using Sandbox
- Service Catalog
- Corporate Webpage(s)
Low Alert Tier 2 ivy.ai Core System Implementation, Operations, and Maintenance
- Password resets
- Adding users
- Basic Bot Maintenance (Inbox Zero)
- Brain Scan for bulk data updates
- Customizing messages and workflows
Medium Alert Tier 3 ivy.ai Platform
- Advanced Bot Maintenance (Data Sources)
- Using “debug” to optimize Workflows and Intents
- Live Chat Configurations
- Configuring Bot Fall-Back methods.
Medium Alert & High Alert Tier 4 Advanced Configurations, Automation, Custom Data Integrations, & System Performance/Speed
- Data Integrations
- APIs or Webhooks
- Custom Automation
- Custom Reporting
- System Performance Test
- Sysyem Performance Log Check
Escalation Alert or *Lower *SLA Priority Level Varies Based on Function(s) in Tier 3. Tier 5 Preferred vendors and business partners providing support and services
- Google Cloud Platform
8.0 Responsibilities and Requirements
ivy.ai’s responsibilities are:
- To ensure the relevant products and services are available to customers in accordance with the uptime goals;
- To respond to support requests within the timescales listed below;
- To take steps to escalate, diagnose, and resolve issues in an appropriate and timely manner, including the allocation of a sufficient number of skilled staff and the collection of necessary information; and
- To maintain clear and timely communication with customers at all times.
Customer responsibilities are:
- To use the ivy.ai products as intended under the paid-service orders and agreements;
- To notify ivy.ai of issues or problems in a timely manner and as thoroughly as is possible;
- To cooperate with ivy.ai in its efforts to escalate, diagnose, and resolve issues by providing timely and accurate responses to requests for information;
- In case of a priority alert, ensure the availability of a sufficient number of skilled customer employees to cooperate with ivy.ai;
- Where applicable, to provide ivy.ai with access to equipment, software, and services for the purposes of maintenance, updates, and fault prevention; and
- To maintain staff with adequate information technology knowledge to fulfill these responsibilities.
- Payment of all support costs at the agreed interval.
- Reasonable availability of customer representative(s) when resolving a service-related incident or request.
Updates to the SLA
This SLA may be updated at ivy.ai’s discretion, but only after providing thirty (30) days’ notice, after which it shall be effective (“SLA Effective Date”). Such notice will be sufficient if provided to a user designated as an administrator of customer’s product account either: (a) as a note on the screen presented immediately after completion of the log-in authentication credentials at the login screen, or (b) by email with read receipt to the email address provided for the administrator(s) for customer’s account.
If customers object to any such changes, the customer’s sole recourse shall be to terminate the service order agreement. Continued use of ivy.ai products and services following the SLA effective date of any update shall indicate customer’s acknowledgement of such update and agreement to be bound by the updated SLA. When ivy.ai changes this SLA, the “updated” date below will be changed to reflect the publication date of the most recent version.
Please note, in the event this document is translated into any other languages, the English version shall be authoritative.
SLA Updated: 05-28-2021
END OF AGREEMENT